Pupil Premium Funding
Additional funding is given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Schools receive funding for each child who:
- Are registered as eligible for free school meals
- Have been registered for Free School Meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Have parents serve in the armed forces
- Are looked after by the local authority
- Have been adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005, or left care under a special guardianship order or residence order.
Our approach to allocating this funding has three layers:
1. High Quality Teaching: Investing in professional development, training and support for all staff to ensure that an effective teacher is at the front of every class, and that every teacher is supported to keep improving.
2. Targeted academic support: Consideration of how classroom teachers and teaching assistants can provide targeted academic support, such as using structured one-to-one or small group interventions which link to classroom teaching to ensure children make good or accelerated progress.
3. Wider strategies to overcome non-academic barriers to learning: Support regarding attendance, behaviour as well as social and emotional support both for pupils and parents.
In order to show how we use this Pupil Premium grant, we have prepared the following reports